The server is currently set in the year 1850. The month / day is dynamically determined ingame so make sure to check on it every now and then.

Location of the server

Do you have a server related question or require technical support? Publish a thread here.
Athens
Supporter
Supporter
Ingame Name: Patrick_Townsend
Ingame Posse: Soldier

Location of the server

Post by Athens » August 12th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Here is a US map. Where is the state located at in the lore? It isn't the in the mid-west.

I made a map with the best locations for the map and I suggest in the south west coat near Los Angeles

- Supporter -

Mason_Hasbad
Stranger
Stranger
Ingame Name: Mason_Hasbad
Ingame Posse: Civilian

Re: Location of the server

Post by Mason_Hasbad » August 13th, 2017, 3:44 am

Considering it borders Mexico I always figured it'd be set somewhere in Texas

Sarunas
Sheriff's Office
Sheriff's Office
Ingame Name: Robert_Gibson
Ingame Posse:

Post by Sarunas » August 13th, 2017, 10:51 am

During the early 19th century, San Andreas became an independent state from the United States when a colony of settlers from Texas discovered the island and claimed independence. The beginning years for the state were rough due to lack of trading from both Mexico and the United States, immigrants from both countries beginning to move to the island, and conflict with the natives of the island.
San Andreas is an independent state, it doesn't belong to the USA. It is located on an island and was founded by settlers from Texas and Mexico, so it would make sense for it to be somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. However, you can see that San Andreas borders both Mexico and Canada in the map below:
MapShow
That means only one thing - San Andreas is a fictional independent state and can not be located in a normal map.

Athens
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Athens » August 13th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Sarunas wrote:
August 13th, 2017, 10:51 am
During the early 19th century, San Andreas became an independent state from the United States when a colony of settlers from Texas discovered the island and claimed independence. The beginning years for the state were rough due to lack of trading from both Mexico and the United States, immigrants from both countries beginning to move to the island, and conflict with the natives of the island.
San Andreas is an independent state, it doesn't belong to the USA. It is located on an island and was founded by settlers from Texas and Mexico, so it would make sense for it to be somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. However, you can see that San Andreas borders both Mexico and Canada in the map below:
MapShow
That means only one thing - San Andreas is a fictional independent state and can not be located in a normal map.
Mhm, true. Btw, what is Canada doing in there? It didn't gain independence till 1867 even then it was a self governing nation within the British empire itself till 1931. So.
- Supporter -

Sarunas
Sheriff's Office
Sheriff's Office
Ingame Name: Robert_Gibson
Ingame Posse:

Post by Sarunas » August 13th, 2017, 5:30 pm

Well, don't ask me, I didn't make it :D

Dignity
Developer
Developer
Ingame Name: Robert_Sheldon
Ingame Posse: Sheriff's Office

Post by Dignity » August 15th, 2017, 10:56 am

That map is more of a draft than anything else. If you guys want it to be more historically accurate feel free to suggest changes.

Athens
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Athens » August 15th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Dignity wrote:
August 15th, 2017, 10:56 am
That map is more of a draft than anything else. If you guys want it to be more historically accurate feel free to suggest changes.

Feel free to crop the LV area.
- Supporter -

EL_Ratatorsk
Stranger
Stranger
Ingame Name: Weeb_Slayer

Post by EL_Ratatorsk » August 15th, 2017, 9:02 pm

Make it an island complex somewhere off the west coast. Around the Tropic of Cancer perhaps.. it would fit right in ; )

Or even on the east coast so it gets easier access to Europe, resulting in quicker spread of post-era tech.

Athens
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Athens » August 15th, 2017, 9:09 pm

EL_Ratatorsk wrote:
August 15th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Make it an island complex somewhere off the west coast. Around the Tropic of Cancer perhaps.. it would fit right in ; )

Or even on the east coast so it gets easier access to Europe, resulting in quicker spread of post-era tech.
There are a few problems with the current location that it's in and the place where you're talking about. Placing it in the east coast would completely ruin the lore of the server as it won't make it wild west RP anymore. I agree about the west coast. Maybe near Oregon, but the problem with it is settling would be delayed as it's harder to reach. The current problem is that at the bay of Mexico it would've been colonized in the early 1500's by the Spanish due to being the Caribbean. The best choice is Oregon. I made a mistake.
- Supporter -

EL_Ratatorsk
Stranger
Stranger
Ingame Name: Weeb_Slayer

Post by EL_Ratatorsk » August 15th, 2017, 9:55 pm

When talking about the 'east coast' I meant in the gulf of Mexico, off the Mexican coast, south of Texas. I didn't clarify it well enough.
But yeah it makes more sense regardless to have it in the west.

Return to “Questions / Support”